Fri, 30 Jun|
Further Chair Yoga Skills for Teachers & Therapists with Liz Oppedijk
Building on the learning from the Chair Yoga Teacher Training, this online course provides further skills for using a chair safely and effectively as part of any yoga practice, based on the Lakshmi Voelker Method and integrating relevant scientific research.
Time & Location
30 Jun 2023, 09:30 – 02 Jul 2023, 04:30
About the Event
Building on the learning from the Chair Yoga Teacher Training, this course provides further skills for using a chair safely and effectively as part of any yoga practice, based on the Lakshmi Voelker Method and integrating relevant scientific research. This course also forms Part 2 of the IAYT Pathway CPD on Accessible Chair Yoga for Yoga Therapists.
What the training will cover:
Both research-based and practice-oriented, this interactive course takes place over three days and combines group online learning, partner and group work, and skills building for teaching chair yoga in groups as well as working with individual clients.
Course content includes:
- How to use the chair as a prop safely, effectively, and therapeutically
- Mapping Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga to the Pancamaya Kosha Model
- Developing your skills as a chair yoga teacher and/or therapist
- Using chair yoga as part of a yoga therapy treatment plan
- Further modalities, including qigong and myofascial release
- Scientific research relevant to bringing accessible chair yoga into healthcare and social care settings
- Key safeguarding, inclusivity, diversity, ethical, and legal considerations
Who the training is for and eligibility:
Yoga teachers, yoga therapists, healthcare professionals, exercise professionals, carers, and community workers who have followed the Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teacher Training programme
In collaboration with Accessible Chair Yoga CIC and The Minded Institute.
Further Chair Yoga Skills for Teachers & Therapists
Friday, 30 June – Sunday, 2 July 2023
9:30am-4:30pm each day
Prices: £350 early bird (until 30 May 2023). £425 thereafter.
Deposit of £50 is needed now to secure your booking.
Preparation of a case study is recommended but not mandatory to complete this course successfully beyond quizzes and a short practical assessment based on the Lakshmi Voelker Method during the weekend.
Deposit for Further Chair Yoga£50.00